Diabetic Foot Care
As a diabetic, it is extremely important to look after your feet and make sure you get regular check-ups. Diabetes can damage your nerves as well as reducing the blood-flow to your feet. We all love to have happy and healthy feet, so get in contact to arrange an initial assessment and keep your toes happy.
- Keep feet clean and free from infection.
- Try to avoid sitting with your legs crossed so you don’t constrict your blood circulation.
- Wear shoes that fit well and don’t squeeze or rub.
- Never walk barefoot, especially in the garden or on the beach on holidays to avoid cuts.
- Cut or file your toenails regularly.
- Get an assessment from a Registered Foot Health Practitioner.